THIS CHRISTMAS, SANTA'S WEARING A STETSON 'Tis the night before Christmas and all through the house is the presence of one wickedly hot cowboy who's come to stay for the holiday.Fiona Logan is downright shocked to return to her childhood home and find that the tall blond stranger who came to her rescue on an icy road will be sleeping just across the hall from her bedroom.
Talk about temptation . . . Jud Dawson never believed the Lucky Penny Ranch would live up to its name until now.Fiona is gorgeous, smart, funny, and everything he thought he'd never find.
Now all he has to do is convince her to stick around town instead of hightailing it back to Houston. But with wild weather, nosy neighbors, and a new baby in the family, getting her to admit that she's falling in love might just take a Christmas miracle.
Fiona Logan can't believe her bad luck, her rusty truck slid off the road just a couple of miles from home into a barbed wire fence. Luckily, Jud Dawson just happens to be on the same road headed to the same place, so he offers her a ride. Fiona dreads telling her family the truth about her failed marriage and how she has struggled over the last year, but she has no other choice. Nearly penniless and jobless, Fiona is forced to return home to the place she never wanted to live again. Once she settles in, Fiona sees how happy her two sisters, Allie and Lizzy, are since they married the handsome Dawson brothers, but Fiona knows that marriage isn't for her, not after her last one, plus she only intends to stay in Dry Creek until she is on her feet, and then she will leave again. However, Jud Dawson and the holiday season might just change her mind. Will Fiona give up her wings and put down some roots?
- If you want a lovely holiday book with plenty of good feels, holiday cheer and sweet romance, this is definitely the book you want to add to your holiday, feel good reading list. I couldn't help but to get lost in the story as I snuggled in with the gang from Lucky Penny. This featured all that I love about the holidays: family, giving to others, love and comfort. Don't miss this one.
- I think Fiona and Jud were my favorite couple in the Lucky Penny Series. Fiona isn't as feisty as her sisters, but she is still determined and strong. I could totally relate to her not wanting to get stuck in her home town. Jud was kind and considerate and not as devilish as his two cousins. I enjoyed watching these two form a friendship, and I especially liked their late night chats as they roomed across the hall from each other. I liked that this was a simple, straightforward, feel good romance.
- Who doesn't love a holiday book with plenty of holiday cheer? I know I do, and this one delivered. There was lots of Christmas baking, decorating, parties and plenty of Christmas music. I loved the down home, feel good tone of this one.
- The highlight for me was the story line surrounding Dora June and her husband, Truman. The two of them have caused plenty of grief for Fiona's sisters Ali and Lizzy in the previous books, but in this book something happens to them that changes their circumstances. I won't go into details as I don't want to spoil it, but I will say that I loved the Scrooge transformation. Watching these two old folks have a change of heart made me smile.
- This is the third book in the Lucky Penny Series, but it is a companion novel. Each book features a different couple so you can jump in and read this for the holidays with no problems and then go back and catch up. You get a complete stand alone story with each book.
- I have had the same niggle with each book in this series, and the one thing that has bothered me is the whirlwind romances. Don't get me wrong, I love a good romance, but I think all three have gone a bit too fast. A month isn't enough time for me. I was so wanting Fiona and Jud to take it slow, and I thought that was going to be the case. It just doesn't seem to realistic to me for a couple to meet, fall in love and marry within a month. Everything else about the romance is wonderful, so don't hesitate to read this.
- I felt like I got quite a bit of Ali and Blake, but I didn't really feel like Lizzy and Toby were in this one enough. I was hoping to get more caught up on them. Not a big deal, just a personal longing.
- I was also hoping to get more closure with Myra, she had a small role at the end of the second book, and I so what to know what happened to her.
Merry Cowboy Christmas is a delightful book perfect for the holiday season. I loved the charming, small town setting with all the baked goodies, Christmas decor, Christmas music and holiday cheer. This one features a sweet romance as well as a fun Scrooge transformation. This one put a smile on my face, and it is one I think you won't want to miss this holiday season.
I received a copy of this book from the publisher in exchange for an honest review. All opinions are my own, and I was not compensated for this review.