- September 5th- Candace's Book Blog- Chapters 1-5, pages 1-44
- September 12th- Buried in Books- Chapters 6-10, pages 45-111
- September 19th- Rainy Day Ramblings- Chapters 11-16, pages 112-194
- September 26th- The Flyleaf Review- Chapters 17-21, pages 195-219
Be sure to check out my tour post and giveaway for the sequel Keystone.
Here are the final week's questions:
Cornerstone Read-along Questions- Week #4
Ch.17-21, pp. 195-219
1. At the party Jen’s true colors seem to re-emerge. Did you buy Jen’s earlier apology and feel that she was genuinely worry for the way she treated Nali or did you suspect all along that she was being false? Do you think Jen had an ulterior motive for Nali (and Garrett) to her party? Was it a good idea for Nali to attend the party in the end?
No, I didn't buy her apology. Her true colors burst forth on numerous occasions and my gut feeling was that she was just being nice hoping to appease Garrett, get back in his good graces and then try to to steal him away. Yes and no...She stood her ground and saw through Jen and hopefully learned that Garrett is in it for the long haul, despite that it was a fiasco.
2. When Nali discovers her father holding her mother at gunpoint he tells her that he only wants to be a family again. He also tells Nali that her mind has been poisoned against him by her mother. Did you believe there was any truth to his words or that his feelings towards Nali were sincere at all? Do you think there is any truth to Roger's claims of the Ianua being controlling?
I think in his own mind he thought he was telling the truth, a fanatic lunatic always thinks they are seeing things clearly and that everyone else is wrong. I am sure his feelings toward Nali are genuine despite his erroneous thinking. As far as the Ianua being controlling, sure every society has laws and rules that one must conform to and they Ianua are no different. To someone who is living the chaotic life of The Fury I am sure any structure feels controlling. I think we all deep down have those hedonistic urges...it takes control to keep them in check.
3. When Nali drops the Cornerstone in exchange for the release of her mother, it distracts Roger and Nali's mom attempts to escape. After a struggle Evangeline is shot and killed by Roger. Do you think Evangeline intentionally sacrificed herself? Were you surprised when Roger took his own life afterwards instead of returning to the Fury with Nali? What does Roger's suicide say about his character?
Absolutely she sacrificed herself to save her daughter. I think it is a mother's natural instinct to put themselves in between their child and danger. Yes, I was a bit surprised that Roger took his own life, but perhaps it showed that he was sorry for his actions and didn't want to deal with the repercussions....or he could just be a pathetic chicken....
4. After Nali's mom is killed, she returns as Nali's new connection replacing Grace. Did this surprise you? Do you think it "was meant to be" as Nali's mother says?
No it didn't really surprise me since we already know that many deceased Iuana return and act as guides. Perhaps she knew she could save Nali and guide her so that is why she sacrificed herself. Yes, I do feel it was meant to be.
5. When Nali regains consciousness she learns from the Addo that in addition to losing her own parents, all the other Addo's have been killed as well as Garrett's father. Were you surprised that all these characters were killed off by the end of the book?
Yes, it was a stunning ending! But all the indications were in place that a storm was coming so it wasn't too much of a shock that people died and chaos rose. Otherwise it would be a boring story!
6. Nali must decide whether to pick the Cornerstone back up and start the imprinting process again (which will be extremely painful and possibly life threatening) or she can choose to walk away and have a Simple life. Nali decides to pick the stone back up and become Contego. Why do you think she made this decision? Was it for vengenace? Was it for Garrett? Or do you think there is another reason? Would you have made the same decision if you had been in Nali's place?
I think she made the decision because she wanted to be in a position to fight back against the Fury and yes I feel that she was motivated both by revenge and Garrett. Especially since she just lost her mother. I would do the same as I would want to fight back and try to ensure the safety of the people whom I cared about!
That's it everyone! Thanks for following along! Be sure to check out both Cornerstone and Keystone!