It is Friday Eve and time to kick of the Ho Ho Ho Holiday Read a Thon hosted by Kimba@ The Caffeinated Book Reviewer and Jennifer @ Bawdy Book Blog. This is a great opportunity to prepare for the upcoming holiday season by reading some fun holiday books. I don't know about you all, but I could use a little bright and cheery after a month of all things dark and paranormal. What better way to do it than by participating in a read a thon. For those of you who are new to read a thons, basically you set some reading goals, I posted mine here.
Start reading and have fun. Be sure to check out the twitter parties and visit some of the other participating blogs. There are also fun challenges as well. See all the details and sign up here.
Here is the list of challenges:
- Heidi @ Rainy Day Ramblings "Holiday Scramble"
- Melissa & Truffles @ Melissa's Mochas, Mysteries & More "Christmas Truffles Creative Writing Challenge"
- Sharon @ Obsession with Books "Holiday Traditions & Recipes"
- Vilia @ Backchatting Books "Twelve Days of Christmas"
- April @ My Shelf Confessions "Christmas Cover Lover Puzzle Challenge"
- Cricket @ Little Library Muse "Favorite Christmas Baking Recipe"
Speaking of challenges, I have a fun one for you here today! How about a holiday word scramble? I have twelve scrambled items related to the holiday season especially for the book lovers. To enter, complete the scramble and enter your answer in the correct corresponding entry on the Rafflecopter. You can gain extra entries by following my blog and tweeting. Be sure to read the Contest Policies before entering. I am sure you are wondering what the prize is for all your efforts? How about a $15.00 card to Amazon so you can pick the book that you most want for the holiday season.
Here is the Holiday Word Scramble:
These are holiday items a book lover would like.
Have fun! Be sure to check out the other challenges.
Now I must get back to reading, I have these three books to finish:
Happy Holidays and happy reading!