Ghost removal specialist Ellie Jordan must face a dangerous, shape-shifting entity that she and Calvin have encountered once before, with tragic results.The spirit has the power to reach into the minds of living and feed on their fears, taking the shape of their worst nightmares, and it has awoken in search of new victims.Now Ellie must try to succeed where she and her mentor failed before, and try to defeat the twisted and powerful old ghost before it can claim another soul for its collection.Kindle Edition, 209 pages
Four Stars: A scary, addictive series with plenty of things that go bump in the night.
Ellie and Stacey scrutinize the large house with gingerbread lattice in front of them. There is something sinister about this house even from the sidewalk. Ellie Jordan, Ghost Trapper, is on another call. This time she finds an old mansion that seems to be haunted by the boogeyman. The children in the house are seeing monsters in their closets. Ellie and Stacey with the help of Jacob, the psychic, soon learn that the evil hiding in the house is far more sinister than they had imagined, and they are soon battling the thing that hides in the closet. Will Ellie and Stacey survive another ghost hunting adventure?
What I Liked:
- The Ellie Jordan Ghost Trapper Series is quickly becoming a fun little addiction. I am loving that these books are releasing rapid fire, and that I am not having to wait long in between. Plus, I am totally liking these creepy little tales. If you want quick reads that are dangerous, scary and thrilling, I highly recommend you check out this series.
- The Crawling Darkness is my favorite book in the series to date. This installment takes on the monsters in the closet. Let's face it, how many of us are a little unsettled by an open closet door at night? I know that I have never slept with my closet door open, I even make sure my kids' closets are shut at night. This book is all about those childhood fears of dark places that haunt us even as adults, except this time, the monster in the closet turns out to be real. I love how Mr. Bryan utilized the boogeyman and the monster in the closet. I won't tell you more about what the ghost does as I don't want to spoil it. Read it for yourself.
- I keep mentioning this, but one of my favorite aspects of this series is that Mr. Bryan tries to make it as authentic as possible. He draws upon science and procedures that real life ghost hunters utilize when they hunt ghosts. I love reading about the reasoning behind why a ghost hunter does something and all the gadgets that they use to trap the ghosts.
- I also love that with every installment, the trappers track down the history of the haunting in order to try and find out who is behind the haunting and why. This time around there is a sinister ghost and a tragic history behind the haunting. Very scary.
- There are some big twists and turns at the end, especially when it comes to the ghost. I loved all the surprises.
- I liked that we are getting more depth to the characters. In this book, I learned more about Calvin and his injury. Stacey reveals why she is a ghost hunter, and her story is tragic and scary. Finally, there are some developments in the romance department for both girls. I am loving the character development, and I am eager for more romance.
- Even though this is a series, you don't have to read them in order, all though it is beneficial if you do. Each book is a complete story as it recounts the events of a particular haunting. I love that I get a full story with each and every book, and that I am not left with jarring cliffhangers and a bunch of unanswered questions. Keep them coming Mr. Bryan!
And The Not So Much:
- The ending was a bit rushed for me, especially when it came to the final portion with the ex priest and the exorcism. I was expecting a bit more with the dark vortex, and I certainly was expecting a bit more of an uproar during the exorcism.
- I am still wanting more with Jacob. To me, he is the most fascinating character and his on scene time has been limited in each book. More Jacob, please.
- I wanted more information on the whole dark vortex or psychic vortex.
- One bit of advice, unless you have nerves of steel, I would not recommend reading this late at night before bed and then sleeping alone in a room with an open closet, just saying.
The Crawling Darkness is my favorite installment to date of the Ellie Jordan, Ghost Trapper Series. I am addicted to these thrilling, fast paced, adrenaline fueled ghostly reads. Each and every book delivers another creepy ghost tale that will keep you flipping the pages until the end. I love that I can pick up one of these and get a complete story that can be read in one sitting. I am eager for the next book.
I received a copy of this book from the author in exchange for an honest review. All opinions are my own and I was not compensated for this review.
Don't miss books one and two (Click on covers).