ONE BLIZZARD, ONE BUNKHOUSE,AND A WHOLE LOTTA TROUBLE . . .
Josie Dawson is new in town, but it doesn't take a local to know that Deke Sullivan is trouble--in a smokin' hot package. He's sweet, sexy, and has charmed just about every woman in Dry Creek, Texas. Well, Josie won't be next. She'll keep her distance, even if he is great with babies and makes a mean cup of homemade hot chocolate.
Deke Sullivan really is a one-woman type of guy. He just had to do a lot of looking to find that one woman. Now he thinks he's found her and he won't let a strong, sassy gal like Josie slip away. Just when he's wondering how to convince her he only has eyes for her, they get stranded in a tiny cabin during a major blizzard. If Deke can melt her heart before they dig out of the snow, he'll be the luckiest cowboy in Texas . . .
The Lucky Penny Ranch Series: Wild Cowboy WaysHot Cowboy Nights Merry Cowboy ChristmasWicked Cowboy Charm
Paperback, 336 pages
Published January 31st 2017 by Forever
Four stars: A sweet romance that kindles during a blizzard and then it ignites on the road trip home.
Josie Dawson is new to Dry Gulch, but she is well aware of Deke Sullivan's reputation. She refuses to get sucked in by his great smile and charming ways. Josie is determined to put down roots in Dry Gulch where her brother, Jud, has settled. When Josie catches wind of a couple of terrific stock sales, she doesn't hesitate to jump on a plane and fly to Montana. Unfortunately, winter weather has set in, and Josie finds herself stranded on a small ranch in Montana and her new bunk mate, just so happens to be Deke, who drove up for the same sale. Now Josie and Deke along with his trusty dog, Rascal, are forced to winter out the blizzard in the small confines of the bunkhouse with no electricity. Sparks soon fly, but neither wants to act on their feelings. Will Josie and Deke find love during the blizzard?
What I Liked:
- I have been a fan of the Lucky Penny Ranch Series from the beginning. I can't get enough of these down home folk, the romance, the country life, the food and the feel good. This fourth and final book in the series is the best of the bunch. I loved that it had a unique setting: a blizzard in Montana, followed by a road trip. Plus there is plenty of heat and sizzle. If you want an excellent book to curl up with during a wintry day, this is a sure bet.
- As I mentioned, I adored the setting of this book. When Josie and Deke find themselves snowed in on a small ranch in Montana with the lonely ranchman, Everett. What follows is sizzle and spark while tucked in the cozy bunkhouse as the storm raged. Other than books and board games, the only other thing they can do to entertain themselves is ranch chores and conversation. This is the perfect set up for a blossoming romance. I was reluctant for the couple to leave, but the drive home was just as entertaining. This was such a fun read.
- Everett and Martha practically steal the show. Everett is a lonely widower, living on the ranch. He is kind, sweet and lonesome. When Martha, his lady friend, arrives things begin to liven up. Martha is a hoot. She bakes some mean cookies, and she can brew some wicked moonshine. Plus, she has some one liners that left me giggling. I quickly fell in love with this kindly couple. I would love to have a novella or book with their romance. They are adorable.
- Rascal, the old cow dog, was also a scene stealer. I loved this sweet dog. I always love that Ms. Brown includes many sweet animals in her books.
- The romance is slow to build. It starts with a mutual attraction, but neither wants to act. After a week in close confines, an undeniable spark flares. Things quickly heat up on the long road trip home. Yes, there is a stumble, but nothing major. This was a sweet romance perfect to curl up with on a winter day.
- This is the fourth and final book in the series, but fear not. You can jump in and read this book right now without having read the others as it is companion novel. Each book features a different couple. I have read the other three books, and I liked that I got to catch up with the characters from the previous installments. If you need a cozy, romance to snuggle up with, grab this one or any of the books in the series.
And The Not So Much:
- I wish there was a bit more of Josie's back story at the beginning. She is mentioned in Jud's book, which is the second book in the series, so I was familiar with her character. However, I felt a bit lost going into this one because I couldn't remember all the details on how she came to Dry Creek, especially when it came to the hotel.
- I hated the stumbling block the couple encountered when they came home. It was a growing pain that could have been avoided with communication.
- I am sad this series to end. I want more.
Wicked Cowboy Charm is the perfect cozy, feel good read for a winter afternoon. I loved the blizzard setting, the road trip. the characters and the romance. I couldn't get enough of Josie, Deke and Rascal as well as Everett and Martha. I loved this book! I am sad to see this series end. I definitely recommend this book for when you need a feel good read.
I received a copy of this book from the publisher. All opinions are my own, and I was not compensated for this review.
Thanks to the publisher, I have two copies of Wicked Cowboy Charm to giveaway today!
To enter read the Contest Policies and fill out the Rafflecopter. Open to U.S. residents only. Good Luck!
Be sure to check out the rest of the series: