Just when Nevada Baylor has finally come to accept the depths of her magical powers, she also realizes she’s fallen in love. Connor “Mad” Rogan is in many ways her equal when it comes to magic, but she’s completely out of her elements when it comes to her feelings for him. To make matters more complicated, an old flame comes back into Rogan’s life…Rogan knows there’s nothing between him and his ex-fiance, Rynda Sherwood. But as Nevada begins to learn more about her past, her power, and her potential future, he knows she will be faced with choices she never dreamed of and the promise of a life spent without him. As Nevada and Rogan race to discover the whereabouts of Rynda’s kidnapped husband and are forced to confront Nevada’s grandmother, who may or may not have evil motives, these two people must decide if they can trust in each other or allow everything to go up in smoke.
Published July 25th 2017 by HarperAudio
Five stars: An addictive series that you can’t put down. Read this!
Nevada knows she must make a difficult choice. Will she try and hide from her megalomaniac grandmother or will she elect to put her family forth as their own house? Both choices are dangerous, but at this point, there is no turning back. Luckily, Nevada has Mad Rogan at her side, but she worries when his ex-fiance, Rynda, shows up begging for help. Nevada agrees to take on her case, not realizing that it will take her back into the investigation that has been plaguing her and Rogan. Will they find Caesar and end the conspiracy?
What I Liked:
- Wildfire is another spectacular and addictive read in the brilliant Hidden Legacy Series. The Andrews team never fails to deliver an exciting, fast paced adventure full of magic and mayhem, action, danger and intense fight scenes, while balancing it with humor and an electric romance. If you are in a reading slump, grab this series, you will devour it!
- I love the characters fiercely in these books. I didn’t think a group of characters would be able to eclipse Kate Daniels and company, but I think the gang of Hidden Legacy does that. I can’t get enough of the Baylor family and their unique magical abilities. This time around, you get to find out more about Leon and Bern’s powers as well as Catalina and Arabella. I love this rag tag group with their amazing talents, humor and fierce loyalty to one another.
- The romance continues to sizzle. I can’t get enough of Nevada and Rogan. This time around both of them go through some bouts of jealousy, but they handle it well. Sure Rogan might crumple a car or two, but he keeps his temper in check. I love the maturity of the relationship, the heat and the patience and understanding the two extend toward one another. They have a lover’s quarrel and work it out in hilarious ways. The romance is outstanding.
- The plot is complicated with conspiracies, betrayals, danger and secret agendas. There is always a lot going on, and it keeps the reader on their toes. I loved seeing it sort out, and I especially enjoyed the twists.
- The ending is fantastic. It ends with a bang, and then there is this niggling little Epilogue hinting at more to come. Please, please write more of these fantastic books.
- I have to listen to all of the Ilona’s Andrews books because of Renee Raudman. Raudman is hands down one of my favorite narrators. She does an amazing job each and every time. I cannot recommend the audiobooks enough.
And The Not So Much:
- I was a little perplexed that the identity of Caesar was not revealed. I wanted to know who was pulling the strings all along. I am hopeful that it was kept secret as there are more books in the works.
- I wish that there had been more on Arabella’s talent. It came out of nowhere and I was a bit confused. What exactly is The Beast of Catalonia?
- I have mentioned this every time when reviewing one of these books. The covers are terrible and cheesy. They look like a cheap romance. Trust me the books are so much more. They are full of magic, action, romance, danger and more. Ignore the covers!
Wildfire is an outstanding read. I couldn’t get enough of the characters, the magic, the action and the humor. These books are addictive, perfect for whenever you are in a reading slump. Do yourself a favor and grab all three, you will devour them. Please write more of these books!
I received a copy of this book from the publisher in exchange for an honest review. All opinions are my own, and I was not compensated for this review.
Don't miss the other two books in this fantastic series: